"What a child can do today with assistance, she will be able to do by herself tomorrow."
-Lev S. Vygotsky
What is our class like?
• We meet most days for 25-30 minutes.
• We will practice reading skills such as phonemic awareness, decoding, fluency, and comprehension.
• We will read stories that are just right for you. Reading is meant to be fun!
• You will help track your progress as you become a better reader.
What can I do at home?
• Read everyday! Practice helps you become a better reader and writer.
• Visit the library. Choose books that interest you and read them to anyone who will listen.
• Sight words are important! Practice these at home.
• Don't forget to practice writing. When you write, you are practicing reading. It's a great idea to keep a journal at home.
• Visit teachyourmonster.com for fun phonics based games.
• Raz-kids (you can access through the school website)
• Visit Mrs. Lobello's Clever page for sight word slideshows.